Re: PHONET device

From: Malte Schünemann
Subject: Re: PHONET device
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 12:35:29 +0100

"Discussion forum for gnokii users." <address@hidden> schrieb am 14.02.03
13:22:17:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I succesfully installed the Gnokii 0.4.3
> and made the approriate changes in the
> .gnokiirc file.Now when run the gnokii
> command the promt looks like:
> >gnokii --identify
> GNOKII Version 0.4.3
> Couldn't open PHONET device: Bad file
> descriptor
>

> Any idea what this' all about?
>
> I've tried several ports e.g. /dev/ttyS0,
> /dev/ttyS2, /dev/ttyS3, /dev/ircomm0,
> /dev/ircomm1...
>
> Linux version is Red Hat 8.0 and the
> phone is Nokia 6510. And,yes, the
> phone's IrDA is activated.

then to my experience
  The device to be used is /dev/ircomm0 (issue setserial <serial port> uart
none before).
  Take care the phone is recognised (see file /proc/net/irda/discovery).
  Ensure you can connect the phone using ipdaping
  Ensure the phone's IR interface is not blocked by the bag it is in etc
  Maybe you should use version 0.5.0pre7
The IrDA HOWTO should provide help.

Malte

Belgien, Italien, Portugal,... Mit WEB.DE FreeMail koennen Sie in all
diese Laender SMS senden. http://freemail.web.de/features/?mc=021173