Re: gnokii-0.5.0pre6 and 3310... now gnokii-0.5.0pre7

From: Chiew
Subject: Re: gnokii-0.5.0pre6 and 3310... now gnokii-0.5.0pre7
Date: 15 Feb 2003 03:16:56 +1100

Hi.

On Wed, 2003-02-12 at 09:50, Pawel Kot wrote:
> On 10 Feb 2003, Chiew wrote:
> >
> > [global]
> > port = /dev/ttyS0
> > model = 3310
> > initlength = 1
> > connection = m2bus
>
> Are you sure you have MBUS cable? The FBUS one is more popular, faster and
> have more capabilities. Did you try 'connection = serial'?

This is my current .gnokiirc file for gnokii-0.5.0pre7::

[global]
port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 3310
initlength = 1
connection = m2bus
bindir = /usr/sbin/
use_locking = no
serial_baudrate = 115200
serial_write_usleep = 0
smsc_timeout = 8

I tried your recommendation by switching the "connection" setting to
"serial', but unfortunately gnokii segfault under "serial" setting. The
cable I'm using is listed as DAU-91, it seems to only work with
connection set as "m2bus" (I got this from the mailing list, I cannot
find the list of available protocols that gnokii uses anywhere else). I
have no idea if that is the proper setting to use for my cable, but it
is the only one that can establish communications with my 3310 (it is
extremely slow though... I suspect it is due to wrong connection type).

Hope you can help, thanks in advance.

--
Best wishes,
::CN::

To  e free and  ai ...
   b           f  r
        do what you lov  and not what others  xpect.
                       e                     e