help with compiling and testing code changes

From: Tobie Kerridge
Subject: help with compiling and testing code changes
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:44:34 +0000

I'm attempting to add the --enterchar function to 7110.c. I'm used to working in a perl and tcsh environment. I'm wondering how to best check changes made to a compiled language like c;

- I understand I can check if code will compile from within an IDE or the command line - beyond this it seems I need to make/install the gnokii suite every time I want to check changes to functionality?

Is there something I'm missing which lies between these?