newbie alert:introduction and a few questions...

From: Tor Olaussen
Subject: newbie alert:introduction and a few questions...
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 01:30:36 +0100

Hi to all!

My name is Tor, I live in Bergen, Norway and I'm a new subscriber to this list today.

I've browsed through the archives at mail.nongnu.org, and I'm impressed with the amount of knowledge and work you all have and are doing!

I hope I will be able to contribute with time, I recently bought a Nokia 3410 (which there seems to be problems with in gnokii) and at work I use a dual G4 Mac running the latest Mac OS X (10.2.x)---seems like these two areas are where I can do most good.

Today I bought a BAFO Technologies BF-810 USB-to-RS232 cable, and i ordered an FBUS/MBUS cable for my 3410, which will arrive in a few days.

As a newbie, I would appreciate any pointers that can get me up to speed as quickly as possible. I have not done any collaborative programming, so info on CVS and patch and any other tips would be great. If this is an FAQ, please just point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

--tor