adding to nk7110.c

From: Tobie Kerridge
Subject: adding to nk7110.c
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:38:11 +0000

I'm trying to understand how to add the enterchar function to nk7110.c, in essence I think this effects the file in three places;

1 prototyping the function:

static gn_error NK7110_EnterChar(gn_data *data, struct gn_statemachine *state);

2 adding a case statement:

        case GN_OP_EnterChar:
                return NK7110_EnterChar(data, state);

3 adding a function called "EnterChar":

        static gn_error EnterChar(gn_data *data, struct gn_statemachine *state)
        {
                code
        }

I'm going to base that function on a piece of code from nk6110.c, and use nk6110.txt and nk7110.txt as a guide for the modification. Assuming I'm not oversimplifying the process grossly (I bet I am!) it seems that there are not too many parts of this function which are specific to the 6110, apart from an opening statement:

nk6100_keytable *keytable = DRVINSTANCE(state)->keytable;

which I must admit I don't wholly understand, and is my first stumbling block. is "nk6100_keytable" included in one of the header files at the opening of the document? Is there an equivalent "nk7100_keytable", or is this where the real work lies, or am I talking nonsense?