Re: gnokii 0.4.3: smsd leading zero truncation problem.

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii 0.4.3: smsd leading zero truncation problem.
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 15:06:30 +0100

>>> address@hidden 11 February 2003 13:53:01 >>>
> > Copy common/libgnokii.so to /usr/local/lib.
>
> I don't understand Pawel's answer.
> This is error during compilation.

No, this is the error during the linking.

> But we have -L../common switch.
> I have never copied libgnokii to /usr/local/lib but compilation works
for me.

Yeah, that's the other option. But once you have
libgnokii.so installed in /usr/local/lib it takes the
precedence over ../common location.

In other words: if you installed the old version of
libgnokii (eg. from 0.4.3 version) and then compile
the current CVS not copying libgnokii.so to /usr/local/lib
the linker can see the old version of the library.