Re: unpredictable --keysequence results

From: Tobie Kerridge
Subject: Re: unpredictable --keysequence results
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 12:46:42 +0000

Theoretically I should be able to get/do anything with --keysequence that I could do with the phone keypad, but I am finding it is unpredictable

I've managed to get full access to the nokia 6210 GUI by breaking down my routines into discreet --keysequence requests, and using some work-arounds for peculiar behaviour.

I'm still having one problem which I can't sort out. When using a direct text input screen (the type you would encounter when you manually added a persons name to your phone book) I can only print the first letter associated with that key.

To print "b" to the screen, I would expect to use:

echo '22' | /usr/local/sbin/gnokii --keysequence

but this results in "aa" being printed to the LCD screen. Is this likely a limitation of --keysequence or of the handset?

I know this seems a bit ridiculous, and that gnokii could easily achieve this with --writephonebook, but it's a college project with a visual empasis!

best wishes,
Tobie