Re: Nokia 3410 Differences (61xx comatible)

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: Nokia 3410 Differences (61xx comatible)
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 15:19:05 +0100

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 02:42:32PM +0100, Pawel Kot wrote:
> > gnokii does not handle fbus correctly when resending frame. When
> > gnokii sends frame to phone and gets no ACK it increments seq number,
> > thats wrong and should be changed only after ACK from phone, gnokii
> > can increment seq number ( i have seen that with NDS )
>
> Thanks for pointing this out. Does incrementing seq number really causes
> any problems? Or is this only observation from NDS -- it doesn't
> nesseserily need to be wrong. But if it causes any problems it is indeed a
> bug.

Yes, this is a bug which I'm hunting currently. Some users experience
strange results caused by the broken retransmission policy. The double
phonebook entries is one of them, and I have a bad fbus/mbus cable which
can reproduce the same bug. I suspect the problem described in the
mail "Gnokii+FreeBSD+Nokia 5110" caused by retransmissions too. I will
fix this problem in the next days.

Bye,
Bozo