Re: Save SMS to mailbox - no date

From: Ulrich Hopp
Subject: Re: Save SMS to mailbox - no date
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 17:17:18 +0100

Hi Thomas Watz,

> Also, I do not understand the 'Save' entry. What is saved and where?

I guess you mean the Save entry of the xgnokii SMS window.
Nothing can be saved there because no function is implemented. Normally you
should be able to save a SMS to the Outbox ( as you can do it with the phone
)

I thought of implementing this function but then I found a comment in the
nk6510 driver source code written by Markus Plail which says that is very
dangerous to store possibly malformed SMSes to the phone. If you do this with
gnokii you are asked explicitly if you want to continue because it may be
dangerous.

So I came to the conclusion that it is saver to leave it as it is.

regards
Uli