BUG? : Nokia 6310 and gnokii

From: Hans Motshärg
Subject: BUG? : Nokia 6310 and gnokii
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2003 09:44:06 +0200

Hi!

I found another strange behavior from xgnokii (0.5.0pre4).

I used to keep backup from my phonebook, thanks to it I'm able to restore contacts if phone or SIM is lost, what I did. Backup was made using gnokii-0.4.3 and phone N6150. Now I have N6310i and after saving contacts from file I noticed that all phonenumbers are missing. Person names, groups are present but no corresponding numbers. Is there any changes made in save_phonebook code what could "forget" phonenumbers from file?

It's coming more strange
I did following test:
I can see that SIM has 128 used slots from 250 and Phone 38 used slots from
500. Seems OK!
So I downloaded phonebook and saved this, Seems OK, no visible Warnings/Errors.
Opened saved file , Seems OK (I can see that gnokki is going save into my SIM/phone SIM:128/250 Phone:38/500 contacts) Saved into phone again no visible errors/warnings, Seems OK. Downloaded contact from phone and got SIM:2/250 and Phone:7/500 , but Hey where are rest of contacts? Strange?!

Ok Lets test with saved backup.
I have there SIM:136/250 and Phone:40/500 (saved with N6150 and Gnokii-0.4.3) saving into phone OK! no visible errors/warnings Downloading contacts from phone, I can see that tehre is SIM:136/250 Phone:40/500 BUT NO NUMBERS just names and Callergroups.

What could be reason for such behaviour? Code for N6130 is still in middle?
N6130 have different approach for saving saved phonebook back into phone?

Some more strange things. SIM can hold names up to 14 characters long, but after saving and downloading this very same phonebook there is only 13 characters left, last character was not saved into SIM.

If I look into saved (backupped) phonebook file I can see that there is person names with correspondig phonenumbers and callergroups.

WBR,
--
Hans
Registered Linux User #159561