Re: Does gnokii make queues?

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Does gnokii make queues?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:35:03 +0100

>>> address@hidden 23 December 2002 10:50:02 >>>
> Does gnokii make queues?

No.

> I want gnokii to inform me if routers in my network go down.

Sounds sane and doable.

> If there will be a situation, that two routers go down at the same
> time and my script will try to send to sms messages at once, will
> gnokii put these messages in queue and send one after another
> or will one of the messages be lost because the phone was sending
> one already and it was busy?

It depends how does your script call gnokii. In general it is
impossible
to run two gnokii instances in parallel at the moment. (You can use
gnokii locking subsystem to avoid problems).

I can see two solutions at the moment:
1. Make a use of gnokii locking mechanism (but I'm afraid that the
simple
solution may lead to the process starvation)
2. Write own frontend to handle it
3. Use SMSD. It will be probably the most reliable solution. Note that
SMSD from CVS does not work at the moment (or does it? Bozo?).
You need SMSD from gnokii-0.5.0pre2.