Re: next step to multiple phones support

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: next step to multiple phones support
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 14:23:24 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 13, 2002 at 02:53:03PM +0100, Ladislav Michl wrote:
> following patch moves link related static variables into state
> (completely done for atbus only). i'll do it also for other links
> if you like this way. please comment/improve it.

Good move. I can help you in the fbus and m2bus cleanup.

> PS gn_statemachine is randomly passed as first or last parameter. this
> makes some troubles to me, because i can't cache too many things in memory
> and therefore i have to look at headers very often ;). i'd like to see
> gn_statemachine as last (first) parameter everywhere. objections?

When I added the state to the incoming functions I wanted to create as
small patch as possible. IMHO moving state to a "fix" position (first
or last I don't care) is a good solution.

> +     if (state->link.link_instance)
> +             free(state->link.link_instance);

I prefer the "state->link.link_instance = NULL" statement after the free.

Bye,
Bozo