Re: Read SMS message

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Read SMS message
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 16:49:32 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Randal Law wrote:

> Dear gnokii users admin,
>
> I am using a Nokia 6210+dau9p cable and I having some problems to read the
> SMS message.
>
> The command I use is gnokii --smsreader
> After I enter the command the system just display
> "Entered sms reader mode..."
> and nothing display more then I just enter control-c to exit.

I think this function may not be implemented with 6210 model.

> And how can i use?
> gnokii --getsms memory_type start [end] [-f file] [-F file] [-d]

For 6210 memory types are:
 - IN - Inbox
 - OU - Outbox
 - AR - Archive
 - TE - Templates
 - F1 - F20 - Folders
and I think I worte it somewhere in the docs.
start and end are integers greaten then 0 and less then something (500?)
-d AFAIR means delete after reading.
-f and -F are to save the SMS into the file.

pkot
PS. gnokii-users-admin ain't good address for writing such things.