Re: Nokia 3410 support / development help

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 3410 support / development help
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 20:32:28 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, Bertrik  Sikken wrote:

Hi,

> I have a 3410. Even though it was not listed under supported phones,
> I just tried xgnokii and it seems to work.
> The version I'm using is gnokii-0.5.0-pre1.

I think I missed that. I made a short test with 3410 and it is known to
work in at least basic level. It is mentioned in the sources.

> I'm actually not quite sure what kind of cable I have.
> It's a serial cable that fits under the battery, it says NOK 3310.
> There's an F and an M embossed in the plastic.

FBUS/MBUS cable. I have the similiar cable

> Are people already working on support for the 3410?
> If not, I won't mind hacking at it.

Any help is welcome.

> * communication generally seems slow (compared to LogoManager under
> Windows for example)

The communication in general or just initialization?

> * When going to the options menu, I got the following messages in the
> console:
> address@hidden gnokii-0.5.0pre1]$ xgnokii
> Event 21 failed with return code 11!
> UNHANDLED FRAME RECEIVED
> request: 0x02 / 0x0006
> 00 01 00 33 64 01                               |    3d
> reply: 0x02 / 0x0004
> 01 0f 00 c9                                     |    É
> Please read Docs/Reporting-HOWTO and send a bug report!
> Event 11 failed with return code 24!

I'll take a look on what's wrong.

> * Phonebook entries seem to be corrupted.

Could you please show the result of gnokii --identify? It should work OK
for 3410.