Can't get value from Gnokii Command

From: Pin~1.com.my
Subject: Can't get value from Gnokii Command
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 19:14:01 +0800

Dear All,

I have setup my Gnokii SMS sending queue system with Perl. I am using gnokii
0.4.3

There is a problem where I can't get the value from the output of the
command.

The script I have is :

$reply = `echo 'message' | gnokii --sendsms 10234812`;
chomp($reply);
if($reply eq "Send succeeded!") {

The $reply return no value... I had tested it whole day.... Really hope
someone can give me some light... thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Earnpin Lee