Re: MBUS problem - Nokia 61xx and compatible (Piotr C.)

From: BORBELY Zoltan
Subject: Re: MBUS problem - Nokia 61xx and compatible (Piotr C.)
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 01:33:41 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 09:25:24PM +0100, Piotr C. wrote:
> Thanks. I looked into M2BUS_WaitforIdle function and actually don't know
> what does it do. It lowers DTR for a while, which means that the MAX232
> power supply is switched off. How does it influence the phone?

I bought my mbus cable, so I don't know at the circuit level. But without this
function I wasn't able to communicate with the phone reliably. When I tried
to get the phonebook there was a lot of retransmission and the communication
was broken after I get some numbers. With this hack I managed to communicate
with my 6110 in mbus mode reliably.

> external power supply so it does nothing in fact. I can't check if gnokii
> works alright with 5110/6110 MBUS (no linux) but believe so ;-)

If you install cygnus on your windows you can compile and run gnokii quite
easy.

Bye,
Bozo