Re: size of the name field in the phonebook.

From: Ulrich Hopp
Subject: Re: size of the name field in the phonebook.
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 08:50:33 +0100

Hi,
> On 30 Oct 2002, Ian Stuart wrote:
> > This field seems to have a restricted length... 16 bytes?
>
> Reading include/gsm-common.h:
> #define GSM_MAX_PHONEBOOK_NAME_LENGTH   (61)    /* For 6510 */
>
> Not a problem with libgnokii for sure. Probably somewhere in xgnokii. You
> are talking about xgnokii, right? Markus? Jano?

yes, that's right. Right mouse click on

xgnokii -> Options->phone

There you can change the name length for SIM and Phone. AFAIK not docomented
anywhere but reading the sources helps sometimes :-)

Changing the length results in a segmentation fault for me (Nokia 6310), but
at the moment I'm not using the latest CVS.
I'll test it on weekend again, but I guess Ian will be faster ;-)

see you
Uli