Re: Trying to connect to a 6250

From: Ian Stuart
Subject: Re: Trying to connect to a 6250
Date: 30 Oct 2002 12:34:18 +0000

On Wed, 2002-10-30 at 10:18, Pawel Kot wrote:

> Could you also please try gnokii-0.5.0pre1.tar.gz from ftp.gnokii.org?
> And run there just configure. NOT autogen.sh.
OK, I've had to do a few bodges to get gnokii (and thus xgnokii) to run
as a normal user...

Setting the suid bit is out, as gtk+ barfs.

I needed to give (gnokii) group permissions to the /var/lock directory,
and change the group owner of /dev/ttyS0..

I've also noticed that I can update the contents of the phones SMS
inbox, but the phone still thinks that it has two new messages...
Another wee think to think about....

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

Information is not knowledge
Knowledge is not wisdom
Wisdom is not truth
Truth is not beauty