Datacall with 5110?

From: M. Tavasti
Subject: Datacall with 5110?
Date: 27 Sep 2002 20:52:05 +0300

I've tried to make datacall with gnokiid and 5110. Gnokiid starts
fine, and I can make a call with minicom. But modem I'm calling to is
faxmodem, and gsm get's fax connection. However, same modem with same
settings answers ok for datacalls with 'normal' modem, so configurin
the other modem is not the issue.

I've tried to use AT+CBST=7 to set data mode, but gnokiid refuses it,
says just 'ERROR'. And most of the at commands say ERROR. This far I
have found only ATDT, ATZ, ATH and ATE working. Any ideas what to do?

0 address@hidden:~#gnokiid --version
gnokiid Version 0.3.4
Copyright (C) Hugh Blemings <address@hidden>, 1999
Copyright (C) Pavel Janík ml. <address@hidden>, 1999
Built 21:29:34 Apr 18 2002 for 5110 on /dev/ttyS0

I'm running debian woody, and gnokii is debian packaged version. Hmm,
strage. Programs say they are 0.3.4, but package is numbered as 0.3.5 ?

0 address@hidden:~#dpkg -l gnokii
ii  gnokii         0.3.5-1        Datasuite for Nokia mobile phones (console &

--
M. Tavasti /  address@hidden  /   +358-40-5078254