Re: compiling gnokii under Win32/VisulC++6.0...

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: compiling gnokii under Win32/VisulC++6.0...
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:55:16 +0200

>>> address@hidden 19 September 2002 12:07:57 >>>
> 1. I had some not defined routine errors for serial_nreceived() and
> serial_flush() while it was compiling device.c file.

I have it in todo and will add before 0.5.0 release.

> 2. I had another not defined routine error for alloca() routine called
> in m2bus.c file. The snippet code follows:
> Where is defined alloca() routine?
> How can I do to solve that compiling error?
> Perhaps I made a mistake, but Im not able to compile gnokii project if I
> don't solve the rpoblem...

alloca is from either stdlib.h or alloca.h. It allocates the memory on the
stack.
It means, you don't have to free it when returning from the function.
As it is not POSIX compliant it would be wise to replace it with malloc/free.
For now you can replace it with malloc and add free() before every return.