Re: gmake error

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gmake error
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:43:42 +0200 (CEST)

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Jussi Aalto wrote:

> No, I didn't run autogen.sh.
> This is what I usually do after updating the sources:
> $ autoconf
> $ autoheader
> $ ./configure [<options>]
> $ make
>
> Not recommended anymore?

No, please see the current autogen.sh. In order to use NLS (ie, when you
don't want to configure --disable-nls) you need to run `gettextize -c -f'
before you issue the above commads.

If you do what I asked you first time, you would save a lot of your and my
time.

> Also haven't seen these messages earlier:
> $ autoconf
> configure.in:36: AC_PROG_CPP was called before AC_PROG_CC
> $ autoheader
> configure.in:36: AC_PROG_CPP was called before AC_PROG_CC

These are annoying, but harmless. I will try to get rid of them later on.