Re:EMS Picture Concatenation

From: Norbert Hüttisch
Subject: Re:EMS Picture Concatenation
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 21:09:00 +0200

Guten Abend Chris,

> * how concatenation is handled for EMS pictures that are larger than
> the size of a single SMS segment
> I am wondering if you can clarify.

> What is unclear to me is how the GSM standard handles the creation
> of concatenation segments for EMS picture messages.

You may either

use a 'large picture' (23.040, 9.2.3.24) which has to
fit in 'one single SM or one segment of a concatenated SM', this means
a 'large picture' (and a 'small picture' as well) is not allowed to
span between messages

or

use any picture as part of an 'extended object' (23.040,
9.2.3.24.10.1.11), where it is allowed to span as many messages as you
want. The concatenation of the 'extended object' is done via a 8bit
reference number for the parts of the extended object.

--
Das ist so, weil das GSM Netz so funktioniert
                               (M.Fonfara in Handykult/Mobilfunktechnik)