Incoming data call

From: Koen Tavernier
Subject: Incoming data call
Date: 21 Aug 2002 12:02:22 +0100

Hi all,

I would like to use a 6310 at a remote site and dial it up for a ppp
connection. I can establish a ppp connection very easily from the phone
to any isp provider, however the other way round doesn't work.

I use mgetty with AutoPPP which is properly setup because a normal modem
connected to the computer establishes a ppp connection on an incoming
call. However with the 6310 connected to the computer, it answers the
call after the required number of rings, but the treats the call as a
voice call (leaves the microphone connected) and does not try to
establish a data call. I've tried this both with direct access to
/dev/ttyS1 or using gnokiid and having mgetty access /dev/gnokii. Do I
need to tell the 6310 to only accept a data call (and how do I do that)
or are incoming data calls just not possible?

Thanks in advance,

Koen.