Re: Nokia 6340 - TDMA - Telephone Interface Init Failed

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 6340 - TDMA - Telephone Interface Init Failed
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 08:37:00 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 19 Aug 2002, Adrian Abraham wrote:

> I've got a Nokia 6340 running in TDMA mode over the I/R port. Since it's
> AT compatible, I can just run minicom on /dev/ircomm0 and dial out.
> However, Gnokii isn't happy. I've tried setting model to AT, AT-HW, 6510,
> and 6340, and setting connection to both serial and irda. With the AT
> configuration, I get this:

[AT behaviour is the subject to investigate]

> If model is set to 6510, it just spews over and over
> unknown: Nokia 6340   7ef6

Put "Nokia 6340" into common/unixirda.c into phone[] table. Recompile and
try again.

> With it set to 6340, it says
> Sorry, phone has not yet been converted to new style. Phone.Functions ==
> NULL!
> (And, yes, I'm using 0.4.3)

Add 6340 into the supported phone model line in common/phones/nk6510.c.
You may also look into common/misc.c and add the relevant line there. The
second column you may get typing *#0000# on the phone keypad or gnokii
--identify once gnokii works (this line will be needed for xgnokii to
work).

> With the AT models, enabling the DCD check causes the programs to fail
> instantly. With the numbered models, the program still freezes.

Then don't enable it. It is disabled by default now in CVS.