Re: Modem DCD is down < problem

From: Mitch Arniego
Subject: Re: Modem DCD is down < problem
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 20:13:30 -0700 (PDT)

pkot,

thanks for your help it worked already thanks
but i still havent made smsd work
perhaps because of this error

gcc -shared -o libmysql.so `glib-config --cflags`
-I../include \
        -I/usr/include/mysql mysql.c `glib-config
--libs` -L/var/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [libmysql.so] Error 1

i am sure i rpm'd mysql server and client to my pc,
but it wont install just the same... i installed these
program by default (not using any options) so what is
a working configuration of the Makefile file?

thanks again in advance

(sorry i am so clueless about configurations)