Re: Nokia 8290

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Nokia 8290
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 01:56:37 +0200 (CEST)

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, BORBELY Zoltan wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 06:21:04PM -0400, Roger wrote:
> > # gnokii --identify
> > GNOKII Version 0.4.2a
> > IMEI         : (unknown)
> > Manufacturer : Nokia
> > Model        : NSB-7
> > Revision     : SW:  5.22
> > 08-11-01
> >
> > it took along time to dump this info. irdadump looked like it was
> > dumping allot of repitition info (but i don't have the knowledge to
> > compare the packets)
>
> Please compile with debug support and send the result to the list. Have you
> tried setting initlength = 1 in gnokiirc? If you have some free time please

Bozo, the problem was that Roger used "6110" model in the config which has
authentication enabled. Nokia 8290 seems similiar to 8210, which doesn
support these frames (see empty IMEI field). Problem was, I belive, the
repeatable sending of this frame.

> add the PM_AUTHENTICATION flag to the 8290 entry in common/misc.c and send
> us this debug output too.

Already commited to CVS. It should work flawlessly now.