RE: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??

From: Edward Finlayson
Subject: RE: Another 6210 Bug? Or I am Just Stupid ??
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 17:54:21 +0100

Thanks for the reply Markus,

what I need is someway of automatically monitoring incoming sms messages and to
stuff these into a MySQL database.
I can write a daemon in Perl to monitor the 'inbox' table and act on the
contents but I am not good enough in C to be able to
write / debug smsd.

the messages are to contain one of a number of commands which my daemon can
lookup from another table.

If it the only way I can send sms via the stable but non logging gnokii and
generate my log table from Perl also.

I realise that I may be able to use a cron job to accomplish this but the
over-heads on a daemon would be lower and more
efficient.

I will parse the messages for the commands with my Perl daemon, but first I
must be able to get them. Perhaps there is a
'working' Perl module that I may use if you haven't the code at your fingertips.

Thanks Again

Fin.