Re: Am I too stupid for xgnokii?

From: Jonathan Roadley-Battin
Subject: Re: Am I too stupid for xgnokii?
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 09:09:42 -0500

>I just downloaded 0.42a and tried xgnokii again. I compiled with debug and
>xdebug. gnokii works, when I start xgnokii I get a:
>CFG_ReadFile - open: No such file or directory
>Added new section global
>Adding key/value port//dev/ircomm0
>Adding key/value model/6310
>Adding key/value initlength/default
>Adding key/value connection/infrared
>GSM/FBUS init failed! (Unknown model ?). Quitting.

>And as it seems infrared is never used (as I guess by watching the icon on the
>phone). My .gnokiirc reads:
>[global]

>port = /dev/ircomm0
>model = 6310
>initlength = default
>connection = infrared

>Am I missing something? Do 6310s now work with datacable?

>Konstantin

Stupid question but have you enable IR on the phone (you should see the
flashing symbol that then goes solid once connected) ??
if IrDA turned on on you Linux box???

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Get 4 DVDs for $.49 cents! plus shipping & processing. Click to join.
http://oas-central.realmedia.com/RealMedia/ads/click_lx.ads/mail.com/columbiahouse/1112745096/x09/ExactAdv/ColumbiaHouse_IO473_7.19_8.19/blank.gif/636632633232383133383736634333430