Re: Speed problems

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Speed problems
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:24:46 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Vladimir Kraljevic wrote:

> - Logo Manager works on same machine under Windows ten times faster than
> gnokii, with same cable, why?

Dunno. How do you measure this 'ten times'? What operations take ten times
longer?

> - gnokii --identify takes about 30 seconds to finish...

30? Are you sure? Anyway I always use initlength = 1 and it works
harmlesssly.

> (The things I am aware of, and I tested:)
> - Model is set to Nokia 3310 (that's my boy). But I tried with setting 6110
> as well, without success.

-ENOPARSE
Does it mean that it works with 3310 and not with 6110?

?

> Logo Manager works with DAU9P, gnokii refuses it.

No. gnokii works with my: 6130, 5110, 3210, 3310 with dau9p cable. For
6130 and 5110 it's both original and "home made" cable. For 3210 and 3310
these are "home made" cable with a battery holder. Not that non of these
phones works with dlr3[p] cables

> - gnokii retrieves only phone numbers from SIM card, without the names (?)

Well, this it a known issue.

> - I tried jerking with setserial, but again, with no obvious success

But what's the problem in fact? You did not even give the basic
information with your gnokii config. Unfortunately my magic crystal ball
is out  of order at the moment, and can't help without such information.