Re: 6210

From: Jonathan Roadley-Battin
Subject: Re: 6210
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 11:15:18 -0500

> On Sun, 21 Jul 2002, Jonathan Roadley-Battin wrote:
>
> > at the front option screen none of the text boxes are editable???
>
> Please be more specific. I don't understand what you mean. Any screenshot?

Sorry for not being clearer. First screen shot shows what I have. In the
Options window, connection tab the text boxes (like Port:, Model) are
non-editable, are they just red from the gnokiirc file and are there just for
info, or should they be editable and change teh gnokiirc config file??? (plus
typo  on the Port: section /dev/ircom and not /dev/ircomm0)

> > when trying to access the sms page the the gui window becomes unusable
> > (locks up) and if I move a window over it and off again it doesn't
> > redraw itself???
>
> It just reads all SMSes from your phone. If you compile with
> --enable-debug you'll see this. Please be patient. It will become usable
> again.

Ok thanks for that

> > Using Windowmaker (with gnome libs installed)
> > Using via IrDA
> > How can I get gnokii to work with the dlr3 cable (I can get ppp to work
> > with it???)
>
> You don't need gnokii to use pppd. Just attach dlr3 cable and run
> minicom/kermit/whatever.

Err sorry got wires crossed, I do use my dlr3 cable to connect to internet
using pppd (directly - not via gnokii),  however can that cable be used by
gnokii to talk to the phone to do the sms, calander stuff or can that only be
done with an mbus cable???