Re: mygnokii worked for 6210

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: mygnokii worked for 6210
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 13:56:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002, tomasz motylewski wrote:

> gnokii worked for me (some versions, did not check recently) with 6210
> (addresslist, but not calendar (crash)).

Would you mind to send more detailed description?

> But still, when reading in SMSs from inbox IRDA connection would hang
> sometimes. Often it would be needed to reload the irda modules.

That's strange but I belive it is Linux IrDA stack fault then.

> The part of the FAQ:
>
> Can I use IrDA with 6210/7110 and gnokii?
>
>                 Yes. Just put:
>
>                 connection = irda
>
>                 line into your config file.
>
> Is a bit short. One should really write which modules should be loaded, does
> the connection go over network device irda0 or /dev/ir....

This is in Docs/gnokii-IrDA-Linux

> Unrelated question: does anyone know how to write a game for Nokia 6210?

I don't.

> The name would be "SMS compression".

Hm? I think I miss your point. SMS copression is possible but not
implemented in gnokii. I can offer the specification describing the
compression if anyone is interested.

> Which characters are allowed in SMSes?

See the default alphabet table in gnokii sources. When you use unicode,
every charracter that can be coded using unicode can be used.