Re: [bugreport] 6310 writephonebook location incorrect

From: Markus Plail
Subject: Re: [bugreport] 6310 writephonebook location incorrect
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:14:46 +0200

Hi Len!

* Len Trigg writes:
> When writing entries to the 6310 phonebook, the location seems to be
> one less than that given in the input file. If I specify location 2,
> gnokii reports that it is writing to location 2, but the entry is
> actually placed in location 1. If I specify location 1, it appears
> that the entry is placed at the next free memory position.

Did you use the latest CVS? This error has been fixed sometime last
week.

> [This is all with gnokii compiled fresh from cvs]

Yre you sure? Can you try again this afternoon? At least with my 6510
it works now and I know I had the same bahaviour before, so it seems
strange to me.

> Another question -- is it possible to erase phonebook entries using
> gnokii? If I'm synchronizing my phonebook from the computer to the
> phone and the number of phonebook entries decreases, how do I clear
> the extra memory positions in the phone that were previously occupied?

--writephonebook
;;ME;2;

This would clear the second position in phone memory.

regards
Markus

PS: I will commit all phonebook fixes in a minute. Please test.