Getting started (6210)

From: Liam Ward
Subject: Getting started (6210)
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 12:44:13 +0100

Hi,

I'm just getting started with connecting my Nokia 6210 to my Linux box with
Gnokii. I would appreciate
it if someone with a bit more experience of this could give me a little help to
get started.

I have a genuine Nokia DLR-3P cable (but no Datasuite software). When I plug
this into the phone
should the phone acknowledge it in any way or do I need to tell the phone it's
there? Sometimes it
comes up up with "Headset" on the phone's display.

I tried with an earlier version of Gnokii but gave up because the 6210 support
was in its early days
and, as you can see from what I wrote above, I wasn't even sure the cable
connection was working
properly.

Thanks,

Liam