Re: [patch] DLR3 support for 6310 ??? request for testing

From: Vitezslav Samel
Subject: Re: [patch] DLR3 support for 6310 ??? request for testing
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:45:35 +0200

> > > In the attachment you'll find the patch for the fbus.c file. This patch is
> > > indended only for Nokia 6310 users to make tests. It will probably break
> > > support when you use DAU9p cable. This is a dirty hack, but I'd like to
> > > know what is required to make the connection. It seems to work with my
> > > Nokia 6310 but not in all cases. Please do test it, you can try to
> > > experiment with sleep()s between the commands.
> > It works for me.
> > gnokii : latest version from CVS ( 07.07.2002 ) + your patch
> > Phone : Nokia 6310 V 4.10 04-01-02 NPE-4
> > Cabel : DLR3
>
> Great. It will be one of the last changes before 0.4.0

  For me, this patch has about 50% of succesful connections to my 6310.
I tried to fiddle with sleep() values, but the result was even worse.

(Todays CVS with fbus.diff against Nokia 6310 with 4.10 firmware - I heard
this firmware has some problems with connecting over cable - what's your
experience? - should I upgrade?)

        Cheers,
                Vita