Problems with gnokii and red hat 7.3

From: Pietro Bandera
Subject: Problems with gnokii and red hat 7.3
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 10:46:17 +0200

Hi all

I'm moving an application server that uses gnokii from a trustix 1.5 to
red hat 7.3 but....i'm having problem with gnokii (all version next to
0.3.2)

The problem is this:

On the good workin trustix the gnokiirc is this:

[global]

port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 3110
initlength = default
connection = serial
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/

And the permissions on the /dev/ttyS0 are these

crw-------    1 root     tty        4,  64 Jul  5 10:42 ttyS0

With this config i can use gnokii without any problems

On the red hat i got this gnokiirc:
[global]

port = /dev/ttyS0
model = 3110
initlength = default
connection = serial
bindir = /usr/local/sbin/

And the permission on the /dev/ttyS0 are these

crw-rw----    1 root     uucp       4,  64 lug  5 10:34 ttyS0

And root belogns to these groups = root uucp gnokii

But unfortunatly i can't make gnokii workin...i alway got the error:
Hmmm... GSM_LinkOK never went true. Quitting.

What is the problem?

I think it's a permission problem but dunno how to resolve it...i have
add root to the /dev/ttyS0 group and to the gnokii group....so...really
dunno....

Plese help

Bye

Pietro