Re: SMS logo error

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: Re: SMS logo error
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:14:15 +0200

Hi Markus !

> Come on Marcin! What's that message about? I really hope you just
> didn't understand the message you are answering to and that you are
> not only trying hard to bitch around.
This is what I understand:

Old problem error 4 reported, Paweł says, it's phone or cable problem.

So, I tried to explain it only, that this is network problem. With
phone/cable problem other error is returned. Is it so hard to understand
it ? I don't think, explaining something is wrong. The same, I don't
think, showing some errors isn't wrong. Everyone makes errors. With
polite discussion it's possible to avoid them. But your answer shows, it
isn't probably possible here...or you don't want to improve your
knowledge.

> So you (hopefully accidently) cited Pawel in a way which has NOTHING
> to do with what he really said. This problem was about *GETTING*
> logos, OK?
NO. It was about (finally) error 4 in sending SMS. Nothing with getting.

> And about CVS: What's that question about? It's totally useless,
> unconstructive to say the least. I don't say anything further. It
> wouldn't be friendly and it has no sense anyways. So please just stop
> this shit. This was really your dumbest message in a *LONG* time.
> Doesn't help anyone, the least you.
Well, proposing using source, where only some things work (and proposing
using it probably to newbie) isn't IMHO too polite. Also shit for me is,
that Paweł connects network timeouts with phone model or cable
(especially, that error 4 is made, when sms WAS sent, but network didn't
answer in specified time - it's NOT phone/cable problem). It shows:

A.he doesn't know gnokii or gsm phones

B.he was tired, when wrote it (I hope - I had better opinion about him)

So, when there will be question: why phonebook doesn't work, you will
answer: try sms ?

These will be less polite than now (now is: something doesn't work ? Try
source working for few people, who only play with source. Am I right ?),
but probably we will see it soon here...I quess. And I want to avoid it.

One thing to compare: what project is developed from 3 years and nothing
happen ? Now compare to one project developed from 3 months... And try
to understand reasons...

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,