Re: 6160 and TDMA phones

From: Derek Broughton
Subject: Re: 6160 and TDMA phones
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2002 15:53:35 -0400

BORBELY Zoltan wrote:

Message sent: 0xd1 / 0x0005
00 01 00 03 00                                  |
Serial device: setting RTS to low and DTR to low
Serial device: setting RTS to high and DTR to low
SM_Block Retry - 0

But it's strange. This frame should work on tdma phones. Today I managed
to create an experimental 6160 driver and it seems the 6160 accepts this
frame. What kind of cable do you have? Is your cable working correctly?
The 6160 driver requires an mbus cable.

I still haven't been able to figure out what are MBUS and what are FBUS cables. It seems to be either a DLR3 or DLR3-P. It works perfectly for dial-up, it just doesn't seem able to get anything at all from the phone itself.

I got the CVS (as of about 30 minutes ago) and it's a little different. Now it only tries to send the frame above (3 tries, no success)
--
derek