Re: Small annoucement, 3310 support and question for gnokii developers f

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: Re: Small annoucement, 3310 support and question for gnokii developers from stupid ;-))) Marcin....
Date: Sat, 1 Jun 2002 12:42:33 +0200

Hi,

> Is longer delay enough to fix "error 4", or does it need some other
> change?
Longer delay will not resolve it, because ALWAYS you can wait more for
sending sms than provided delay.

I will cite also some other words written by somebody, you know:

"Markus showed me the solution from mygnokii on this. And I'm not really
impressed. It is the timeout implemented in the other way. And it may
loop forever. If the phone can handle the next request (I don't think it
can) before replying with the SMSC answer we don't have to wait actively
for the response. Anyway, at the moment I don't think that solution
implemented in gnokii is a bad way to do it."

My short comment is, that:

1. there is problem for many (?) users. Source won't be changed anything
because somebody thinks something...IMHO, there should be always used
such solution, which will work for every user.

2. no. Phone can't handle next sms sending request before receiving SMSC
response (at least Nokia)

Some people will say probably, that this is flame. Some will maybe want
to inform my ISP, that I terrorize everyone. But again nobody will be
able to show, that it isn't the truth.

But effort from many people (like you and some other gnokii developers
like Markus) shouldn't be lost to asking again and again about the same
things. Because when there is problem, it should be resolved. If there
is something to write, it should be written and enjoyed.... Some people
working on gnokii should give their effort for some more intelligent
things. Some another example: nice mbus2 module from Bozo. It isn't
optimalized correctly. Next time will be required to be spent for it.
It's wasting of time, because work is duplicated and already done and
tested during 2 years. But of course, it isn't interesting for anyone
:-)))). The same checking 6110 frames for 6160....etc.etc.

"People are and won't be never better" - Lady Punk.

BTW, does anyone want to discuss how should be done SMS backup from/to
phone ? I will provide during few days example of working options and I
want to discuss, because I maybe lost something. I invite on priv...

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,
http://marcin-wiacek.topnet.pl, http://marcin-wiacek.fkn.pl/)