Re: gnokii compile problem

From: Timothy Murphy
Subject: Re: gnokii compile problem
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 23:18:54 +0100

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 05:56:09PM +0200, Pawel Kot wrote:

> > On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 02:47:07AM +0200, Manfred Jonsson wrote:
> >
> > > do:
> > >
> > > auto...
> > > ./configure
> > > make
> >
> > What on earth does auto... mean?
> > Are you too tired to finish the word?
>
> BTW. It *IS* written in INSTALL file which you even didn't try to read...

I have no problem compiling gnokii.

(The one thing I need which is NOT mentioned in INSTALL,
though it should be, is "bash autogen.sh".)

My complaint was with someone who was presumably trying to help,
but who did not give enough information to be of real assistance.
This is all too common with Linux "advisors";
I'm never quite sure if it's showing off, or thoughtlessness.

I wish people would just say exactly what commands they gave,
and then added any extra information they think necessary.