RE: FYI: Sending SMS and error 4

From: Marcin Wiacek
Subject: RE: FYI: Sending SMS and error 4
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 17:52:43 +0200

> <snip lots of reasons why mygnokii(2) is better than gnokii,
Not not only words, but also facts.

> which has nothing to do with my comment which was about use
> of the mailing list>
You also suggested sending CVS patch, although know my opinion about
patching it. Was sence in writing it ?

> Then don't check them - stick to your own.  I'm sure I would
> get upset if I read mygnokii ones - but I don't.
Sure. I should close myself at home, don't see TV, don't use PC, turn
off phones and don't say, what I think. Always hide... Because my words
are not thuth, aren't they ?

> The gnokii developers have discussed 'joining' mygnokii2 and
> gnokii.  We decided we didn't want to.  Do we have to go
> through it all again?  The problem is that we don't want to
Things look different, when something is only in dreams and projecting
and when something is really done.... In first case it was sence to do
gnokii. In second" three phone modules will be better (I hope) in
mygnokii2, than in gnokii, only two (the oldest one) won't be. So, maybe
it's time to "discuss" again ?

> join the two - I'm sure you believe that this would be the
> best thing for users, but we don't.  Can we _please_ agree to
> differ on this opinion.
I didn't create user "David Green" and didn't sent email "SMS problems
with 5110" with the body contains text, which could mean for me "I'm
wasting money" (when send more than 1 sms and after first SMS you have
error 4, the rest is not sent, although should).

I respect your decision, but I will be rather in silence only, when you
will do something, what will avoid such emails (please notice, I don't
answer on each email on list; only for some, which make me very mad). I
don't see any source (patch) and I don't see will of seeing, how thing
could be resolved (I don't say, mygnokii2 solution is the best). Of
course, when will even move mygnokii2 solution, there will be many other
todo with gnokii. And WHY don't want avoid wasting time by someone
during making these other todo ? Programmers honour ?

Pozdrowienia/Best Regards
--
Marcin Wiacek (mailto:address@hidden,
http://marcin-wiacek.topnet.pl, http://marcin-wiacek.fkn.pl/)