Re: --getsms long format

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: --getsms long format
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 15:08:38 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 12 May 2002, Jesper Rasmussen wrote:

> I have an old version of gnokii installed on my system.
>
> Does any new version of gnokii support retreiving sms in long format,
> from a nokia phone ? meaning that if a nokia phone receives 1 long sms
> (640 characters), gnokii can retreive that message as one long message
> instead of many small (160 characters) messages.

No, because we don't know to which message belongs the certain part of the
linked message. Gnokii just can tell you that the read message is the
parth #n1 of the #n2 all parts. This is all the info we can get regarding
this issue.

Unless the Nokia phone gives us any msgid (the linked one, not its part)
we can't do anything about it.