SMSC Gateways

From: Cameron Palmer
Subject: SMSC Gateways
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 18:06:13 -0700 (PDT)

Does anyone know how you can interface directly to send messages to GSM
phones? I would like an IP based gateway, I've seen a few open source
ones. If I have an ISDN BRI or PRI can I directly send SMS messages from a
card in the machine out the D-channel onto the SS7 network? Or is the
messaging component actually require the participation on some sanctioned
carrier network.

I am looking to provide corporate SMS for our global sites.

cameron.