Re: gnokii can be compiled on solaris

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: gnokii can be compiled on solaris
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 10:24:17 +0200

Hi,

>>> address@hidden 17 April 2002 09:40:00 >>>
> > > On Solaris 8, I'm getting lots of warnings about:
> > > ../../include/misc.h:151: warning: redefinition of `u_char'
> > > /usr/include/sys/types.h:532: warning: `u_char' previously declared here
> > Could you please check what defines do you have around u_char?
>
> misc.h lines 150-153:
> #if (!defined _BSD_SOURCE) && (!defined _BSDTYPES_DEFINED)
>         typedef unsigned char u_char;
> #endif
>
> Sounds like this is another candidate for autoconfing...

No, no. I meant defines in your system types.h. I know the contents oth the
misc.h ;-)
But agree. It is the candidate for the autoconf.

> > > Text relocation remains                         referenced
> > >     against symbol                  offset      in file
> > -fPIC should help. Or ./configure --disable-shared
>
> Oh, hte post that I was replying to said that it compiled on solaris, so I
> thoguht I'd see if it worked... I knew of this problem, just pointing it out
> that it still exited :)

OK. Is -fPIC harmless for Linux? for *BSD? for Windows? for others?

> > > When compiling statically (configure --disable-shared) xgnokii
> > > does not link:
> > What if you revert the last xgnokii Makefile patch?
> > 1. Remove GLDLIBS from the gcc options line
> > 2. s/GLDLIBS/LDLIBS/ above

Damn. Such think does not work on several Linux machines as it was
reported. It ain't good. I'm going to waste some time on learning linking
things then next few days...