Re: DLL version of Gnokii for Win32

From: Feico de Boer
Subject: Re: DLL version of Gnokii for Win32
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 22:23:09 +0200

I think it just specifies extern linkage. In other words, sybols defined as
'extern' are visible outside the module in which they are defined.

Example:

file h.h:
extern int externfunc(void);

file a.c:
#include "h.h"

main()
{
        externfunc();
}

file b.c:
#include "h.h"

int externfunc(void)
{
        return(0);
}

Now it does appear extern linkage is standard but IMHO it does not seem to
hurd. I couldn't find exact definitions for 'extern' however.

Regards,
Feico