Re: can gnokii do this?

From: Jørgen Thomsen
Subject: Re: can gnokii do this?
Date: Mon, 08 Apr 2002 11:39:57 +0200

I have just added similar smsd functionality to the mygnokii  --receivesms
option.
The server polls the phone for SMSes frequently and stores each message into a
file in a directory. It also polls another directory for files to send as SMS
(1 SMS each file).
A Perl script polls the incoming directory for files, reads them and acts
accordingly.

I chose to make a simple solution to avoid using databases as in smsd.

- Jørgen

PS. I will repeat my warning about using frequent commandline accesses to at
least the Nokia 3210 and 5110 phones. They frequently freeze in the init
phase, so avoid connecting/disconnecting. Keep them connected.