Re: Development status of 6210

From: Pawel Kot
Subject: Re: Development status of 6210
Date: Wed, 03 Apr 2002 17:46:28 +0200

Hi,
>>> address@hidden 3 April 2002 15:59:08 >>>
> Can anybody tell me what the development status for connecting Nokia
> 6210 phones is?

Hmm... It depends on what you want to hear :-) I would say that quite good :-)

> Can I yet use it as a modem (respectively, can I use yaps or something

You don't need gnokii for it. You can use 6210 as a usual modem when you
have dlr3 cable or irda.

> similar with it, so that I can send SMS'es with a special
> number/desciption instead of mine)?

It depends on your operator. Most operators do not allow this. And I guess
you can't do this with gnokii as none of the developers could test it.