Re: [gNewSense-users] Suggestion about GDM startup on Gnome 3.12 based d

From: Davide Marchi
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Suggestion about GDM startup on Gnome 3.12 based distro live (Davide Marchi)
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 13:11:31 +0100

Op Wed, 4 Nov 2015 21:08:03 +0100
schreef Sam Geeraerts<address@hidden>:

setting by dpkg-reconfigure, GDM as default greeter, instead of the
login window obtain a black screen and going to the first console
appear "authentication failure" message.
I don't really understand your question. Do you want a live CD where
users get a GDM login screen when they boot?
Yes Sam!
My problem is that setting GDM as default greeter by dpkg-reconfigure obtain a
black screen where should be GDM greeeter instead.
I've try to set up GDM from startup service but nothing.
I've tried running gdm from console (live session, single user) too.

I don't understand if it could be depending from a bug or a my misconfigured
setting.

Have you any idea?

Many many thanks for your help,I know well that this would not be the right place where to start the discussion, but believe me I've tried everything, I'm desperate! :-) Davide
Italy

--
firma

cosmogoniA <http://www.cosmogonia.org/>
n o p r o v a r e n o f a r e o n o n f a r e n o n c e p r o v a r e