Re: [gNewSense-users] Compiling Icecat 17.0.1 on gNewSense 3

From: kpb
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] Compiling Icecat 17.0.1 on gNewSense 3
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 22:04:43 +0000

On Thu, 2014-02-20 at 21:28 +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> Op Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:31:59 +0000
> schreef kpb <address@hidden>:
>
> > I can log in to the gNewSense wiki but am not allowed to upload or
> > edit anything.
>
> To be able to edit normal wiki pages you must first add your username to
> the EditorGroup [1]. This is an unfortunate but effective measure to
> combat spam.

Hello Sam and all

Thanks, first draft is up. I've recycled as much of the wording of the
Icecat 14 page as I can. Icecat 17 is worth the trouble, it is able to
render all the Web sites I have tried it with.

Icecat 24 compiles under a fresh installation of Debian Wheezy (XFCE4
version) with a few extra libraries (glibc, dbus-1-dev and some
gstreamer dev libraries) and some minor changes to the .mozconfig file.

I have not yet found out how to produce a compiled binary of Icecat 24
that I can tar up and transfer to my gNewSense 3.1 laptop. Mozilla
binaries will work on a range of GNU/Linux distributions of various ages
so it must be *possible* to do this, so I shall carry on trying.

Cheers
--
Keith Burnett