[gNewSense-users] Update your repository settings

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [gNewSense-users] Update your repository settings
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2014 20:20:37 +0100

Hi,

The installer of gNewSense 3.0 erroneously set the URL of our beta
repository as the software source. That repository will be disabled
next week, in order to start development on gNewSense 4. I urge you to
update your software sources to the correct ones as soon as possible.
You can do this as follows:

1) Open System -> Administration -> Synaptic Package Manager
2) Go to Settings -> Repositories
3) Click on each repository that has "beta.gnewsense.org" in the URI and
replace "beta.gnewsense.org" with "xx.archive.gnewsense.org", where
"xx" is the code of your country [1].

So, Germans would replace

http://beta.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/

with

http://de.archive.gnewsense.org/gnewsense-three/gnewsense/

Expert users can of course edit their /etc/apt/sources.list [2]
directly.

[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Internet_top-level_domains#Country_code_top-level_domains
[2] http://www.gnewsense.org/Main/ReposRefs#Secondary_repositories