Re: [gNewSense-users] SSL/TLS/GPG: how to trust gNewSense downloads?

From: Sam Kuper
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] SSL/TLS/GPG: how to trust gNewSense downloads?
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 02:19:55 +0000

On 23/12/2013, Sam Kuper <address@hidden> wrote:

> I understand this, but I also feel there's little point in gNewSense
> if it is only available via untrusted/unsecured channels. Users
> shouldn't have to choose between placing faith in BLOBs or placing
> faith in HTTP.

In case this sounds negative, I should add that I think gNewSense (and
other fully free distros) are in principle an amazing and wonderful
thing, and I'm very grateful to those who build and maintain them. If
it weren't for that, and the fact that I'm trying to find an
acceptable way to use one myself*, I wouldn't have raised this matter
in the first place :)

Regards,

Sam

* Although I'm also considering going the Linux From Scratch route.